View Single Post
Old 04-22-2024, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdoro 68 View Post
I'll be swapping in a new Moser 12 bolt soon and it got me thinking about the rear control arms and bushings since I'll have it apart. I've never been in love with the polyurethane bushings back there, especially over bumps. It rides like a truck. For a mostly street driven car, how much of a handling improvement would I see with a Global West spherical setup? Is it overkill? Should I just go back to good old rubber bushings?
It sounds like you're doing something similar as I did to my '67 a few years ago. I also went to a Moser 12-bolt rear and switched over the rear arms to GW. Sure is nice to dial in your pinion angle easily with the adjustable upper arms. I elected to go with the del-alum bushings, which are actually more like a bearing. I will say, tho, that the rear lower arms are quite heavy, but I suppose they need to be for strength and compliance. I recommend them

ANYTHING you do back there is going to be an improvement over poly bushings, tho. They have a terrible bind-up problem, and I actually broke my right rear control arm due to poly bushings back in the 90's, when they were more popular...I'll never run poly. bushings again, except maybe for front stab bar links.

The Following User Says Thank You to 65 Lamnas For This Useful Post: