View Single Post
Old 04-20-2024, 01:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I've learned NOT to use or trust Chinesium electronics for anything related to distributors or ignition. For nearly 40 years I tried and tested all sorts of "bug zapping" ignition systems, points replacement components, and replacement modules for HEI's. With my HEI, for example, I always came back to the original "990" module it showed up with back in the mid-1970's. Everything else, even the ones that worked well eventually took a dump. The one that I liked the best and it also lasted the longest was the Mallory module with the dip-switch rev control feature. Although it was off about 200 RPM's it was flawless for several years till it crapped out like all the others.

As for replacement points I'm not even sure what's out there these days. NAPA used to stock an excellent uni-set that would last just about forever, but they were expensive even 25 years ago. Until I can no longer get NOS points from Ebay, swap meets, etc, I'll just stick with what I know makes the grade.........

73 Ventura, SOLD 455, 3740lbs, 11.30's at 120mph, 1977 Pontiac Q-jet, HO intake, HEI, 10" converter, 3.42 gears, DOT's, 7.20's at 96mph and still WAY under the roll bar rule. Best ET to date 7.18 at 97MPH (1/8th mile),