View Single Post
Old 04-03-2024, 10:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78w72 View Post
I bought my 1st set of comp lifters from dave at SD in 2012, had the engine/car running in 2013.. it ran great but had the notorious hyd roller ticking, dave suggested adding some seafoam to the oil to see if it would clean out any debris from manufacturing but it didnt work.

He replaced the lifters under warranty with the "new" S comp lifters that came out in early to mid 2014, replaced them in late 2014 according to my notes. So these lifters werent the shavers, look like my originals from the pics, either johnson or morel.

Is it possible the lifter wheel wasnt hardened right to cause that damage? Pretty sure the OF cams were billet, thats why they require a poly or brass dist gear. Bearings could be bad too but still roll ok under no load?
This whole roller set up parts from dave and setup by his specs. Cam lifters spring package cups. Should only be 146lbs on the seat. And i replaced the spring 5 years ago for no reason other than preventative maintenance due to relatively high lift and mileage. Yes to me the roller bearing feel OK spinning it with my fingers

'78 Macho T/A DKM#95, 460cid, SRP pistons, KRE 310 D ports,
3" pypes, Hooker 1 3/4" headers, hydraulic roller,
10" Continental, 3.42 gears
11.5 @117.5mph 3900lbs
([_|_] ##\|/##[_|_])