View Single Post
Old 02-16-2024, 05:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I had an "ah-ha" moment some years ago where a member rightly pointed out I was coming off more critical than I had intended;
I took that to heart, and have tried to not be overly negative when offering criticism of any car.

From my cursory look over the car (I didn't do much more than glance at maybe a quarter of the images - I mean there is over three hundred!!), the body work looks good.

Now, the the mechanicals, and body work are good - that's all the less that any subsequent owner should or might want to replace later on.

I am honestly remiss at how quickly these cars have escalated in value;
These cars when from being "redneck-salt-of-the-earth" type cars, to fodder for people with income a whole lot higher than myself;
If you can afford to spend $80k on something like this, then surely another $10k to make it all the better should be a no-sweat sort of deal.

The only thing that had me really scratching my head was the valve stem location of the front drivers wheel... to me, that looks just wrong - and I don't understand how that could be.

Quite likely one of few '70 Muncie three speed Formula 400's left.

1991 Grand Am: 14.4 @ 93.7mph (DA corrected) (retired DD, stock appearing)
2009 Cobalt SS: 13.9 @ 103mph (current DD; makes something north of 300hp & 350ft/lbs)

Last edited by unruhjonny; 02-16-2024 at 05:45 PM.