View Single Post
Old 02-16-2024, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbking View Post
If the company in question has reprints available, I have no issue with buying the reprints. Pretty sure Deere has reprints available for all of their L & G tractors. And they are good quality, I have several.

Its what isn't available that bothers me.

When I tried to reproduce the "Service Craftsman News", and got the response from GM that I couldn't afford, I even offered my collection on loan if they would do the reproductions. There was no interest.

I was really quite surprised at what Pontiac no longer had in their library. I made a number of copies for them of some really RARE stuff, and got some interesting stuff in return.

And least anyone misunderstand, the purpose of this thread was NOT to avoid paying royalties, rather to preserve information, and make it available. At my age, TRYING to downsize, and eliminating my magazine collection would free up a LOT of space.

Jon
What you could always do is scan them anyway for personal use, and later try to identify the legality of it. I am sure someone out there would look at purchasing your physical copies as well. Nobody can prevent you from scanning them for yourself, just as long as you do not distribute them.