View Single Post
Old 02-09-2024, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lust4speed View Post
Funny you should mention 5/8". I ordered the same 5.05 backspacing on the Torque Thrust D's for front and rear and that placed the front rims too far inboard and I ended up using a 5/8" spacer to get the wheel away from the caliper and farther outboard in the wheelwell. Doing the math now, I would have been better off ordering out a rim with a backspace of 4.5" for the front (which would have been a zero offset wheel).

The 8x17 American Racing wheel (VN6157874) wasn't caliper friendly and I'm not sure that the spokes on the milder 4.50" backspace wheel won't still hit the caliper. Master Power gets the brake package from Baer and rebrands it so the spacing will be the same for a Baer brake package.

With the current combination of wheel and spacer the closest the tire comes to making contact is the inside tread of the wheel at the back near the frame, and it misses the frame by a 1/4" at full steering wheel crank. Tires are 235/55R17.

Because of the spacers we also installed long wheel studs with corresponding deep lug nuts. We've put over a thousand miles on the car and no surprises.
I'll have to go back and check my wheel part numbers to refresh my memory on what I have because I recall picking your brain over wheel/tire fitment and ended up ordering different back spacing on the front vs back wheels in the Cragers from American Racing.

Definitely wise putting longer studs on the back of the car. I learned the hard way, nearly had a wheel fall off on the first 500 miles in. Thank god for the fender shrouding the tire and that kept it on the studs while I could quickly get stopped...otherwise it would have been bad!

Good to know on the spacing though for when I swap.