View Single Post
Old 02-03-2024, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRADERMIKE 2012 View Post
Mikes reply:

Only speculating, I don't know what my Engine was in, because the Vin. number is not associated with my EUN number. Yes, we do know that the B body is the most likely of all the big cars. That being said, any B-body, in 1967 is a candidate for my motor, if it had an HO 428 YK code (Automatic-4bbl) and they call out that 1035 were produced for 1967 according to my records.

Now add in the HO 428 ci motors that were installed in say Royal Pontiac, an upgrade option from the dealerships, the Factory sent the 428-crate motor to Royal and Royal had to pull the 400 ci say and that made the vehicle warrantable. Some GTO and Firebirds got them from Motion and the west coast dealers got them and upgraded vehicles. The really rare one would be one that was factory installed, that supposedly never happened, but there is an exception, that one might have gotten through, somehow, some way, or so I have read. That would be worth a fortune the writer wrote.

Thus, there are possibly 1035 vehicles to claim a YK code HO 428 ci and they won't have to match their Vin. because they never could and I only need the one.

Since my Block has the EUN number, means it could have been a factory installed motor or was it installed on the line or shelfed and sold over the counter?

I think that when it got assembled on the factory assembly area that is when it received its EUN number. How it got sold from there is a mystery.

One thing for sure, this motor deserves a new life and it is going to get one whose life is the question and what it ends up in is another thing, if I install it in my vehicle, I want the best it can be.

By the way, if I were to pay PHS $50, for the 1967 Billing History that lists its EUN, could I find out the Vehicle this motor could have been installed into?
PHS $50?

Times have changed, I think your pricing is a bit out of date

67 White/Gold GTO 4 speed sold, 1968 GTO 4 speed sold, 1969 GTO auto sold, 68 Firebird 400 4 speed (455) sold, 65 GTO Night Watch Blue 4 speed sold, 64 GTO Nocturne Blue 4 speed sold, 71 GTO Gold auto sold. 1975 Formula 400 auto sold.
Hopefully to be restored, H-"O" Racing 73 Trans Am SD 4 speed,
Sons 70 Formula 400 auto, and wife's 1974 AMX 360 auto, 1975 Jeep Honcho 4x4, 1965 Buick Special post