View Single Post
Old 11-14-2023, 08:02 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammer-6 View Post
As stated previously on this topic,Bird Glass,Astro Ventilation,and GP all disappeared
at the first of the year(Jan 1968)
Any cars later than that were suspected to have used up the existing stock.
Not much is known about the who where what and why,hence why Im reviving this topic again.
Its good to have fresh input on this.
Sure, but there were birds produced before Jan of 68 that had bird glass and birds produced without it. There had to be some sort of reason why some got it and some didn't. As stated earlier, my car has bird glass and it was confirmed by the original owner, though he didn't know why it had it, yet it was an April of 68 car. The other set of glass that I had was taken out of a car with a rectangular remote mirror, so in theory, it was a later car as well. I can understand the "use up" strategy, but still, why did some cars get it and some didn't? I know that is what is trying to be answered by this posting. I really think it is tied to some kind of a promo program that lasted for a period of time. It could be GM did the program and it was poorly communicated to the dealers. Again, I have zero evidence. I just enjoy the search for UFOs.

68 GTO Clone (Tempest) Wagon