Thread: padgett RIP
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2023, 02:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yes Padgett was quirky and unique.Its part of which makes us individuals.
He was a combat wounded vet of the Viet Nam war(thank you kind Sir for your service and your sacrifices),
and also for me at least the smartest man I will ever know.Padgett knew how smart he was but was humble enough not to flaunt it
Ive heard him say he could have been a Bill Gates or Steve Jobs. Im not going to get into his main career much,he just answered
to a stranger about his job description as "rocket scientist".Whats amazing is how he touched the lives of so many.An example of this is both of us have been on another car forum,which I got in touch with a moderator to ask if I could post of his passing.
When I told the moderator who it was he proudly sent me a picture of a tube tester,claiming the notes rolled up in storage compartment were from Padgett and that he had talked on the phone with him. Its a small world...
Today,my wife and I planted a flag and flowers in his front yard.Again thank you for your service and your sacrifices.
I ll add more later,right now it feels like my heart has been ripped out.RIP ole buddy and dont forget to bang all 4 gears getting there.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cammer-6 For This Useful Post: