View Single Post
Old 03-07-2023, 12:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Zeppelin View Post
The freeze plug ordeal was pretty crazy.
I guess when everything inside got dried out , whatever magical chemical reaction that was keeping them from leaking before , disappeared .

Heater core fiasco could drive a person insane after the freeze plug exercises.

67's with Qjet had heat riser ports on the intake that came up in front of the primary throttle ports.
Did you plug those off ? Most folks do , with threaded plugs.
Requires a stainless steel plate from factory - between carb and intake.
Carb damage without the SS plate.
One year only feature that was dropped from production.

And guessing you used the angled oil filter adapter with the LongBranch manifolds too.

Car looks real solid.
Best wishes on your progress
I think I have the plate under there but I will check, that'd definitely cause issues if I don't. I did find that the vacuum advance is not working, so that could be the reason for the poor idle and nozzle drip, so a few things to look at there. I have not seen any more moisture near the heater core since, but have not gotten it hot enough to know for sure, maybe dodged a bullet there. It could have been condensation as the garage was left open over night when I had crawled under and seen some moisture.

New issue is the clutch is giving me issues, hopefully it just needs more adjustment after the trans R&R for the freeze plugs. Hasn't gone to paint yet as I want to have it fully mobile first and running without issue. Will hopefully get to those items this weekend.