View Single Post
Old 08-08-2022, 12:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I will try to give you a little direction. The 9.3" drop out rear end ended it's use in 64. Olds and Pontiac. Parts are very limited new. Really only one source I know of which is Fabcraft Metalworks. Take a look on their web site and you can see what's available and the prices. You may be shocked. The 9.3" is a very stout and strong rear, especially with aftermarket axles. Probably as strong as a Ford 9" which everyone loves to compare to. I just rebuilt my 62 rear with all new parts and a posi unit and a 3.42:1 gear. I had just a tick under $1500.00 in parts from Fabcraft to do it. Provided my own labor. So it's an expensive deal. I am in Ohio and I see you are as well. PM me if you are interested in having me rebuild it for you. You would need to remove the case from the housing and bring it to me. Happy to help you if you want to go that direction. A complete used unit is an option and I saw a few in the for sale section. A Ford 9" conversion is another option. They are all going to cost about the same. BTW, I am happy with my 3.42 ratio in my Catalina. Strong acceleration with 27" tall tires and around 3000 RPM's at 70 mph. Overdrive would be nice but not in the budget right now. Good luck with your decisions.

I see I made a mistake and the OP is in IL. Sorry. Still if I can help, PM me.

The Following User Says Thank You to mgarblik For This Useful Post: