View Single Post
Old 07-12-2022, 07:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I was still doing dealership work when they came out. Other than the very weak rear ends, they were a stout package. I remember one coming into the dealership where the drive pinion had come out of the housing with such force it tore a large gash in the floor right in front of the gas tank. Covered in rubber on the quarter panels, the service writer asked, "has this car been to the track?". "Never said the owner, I just drive it around town and to work.". "You must work at a drag strip said the service writer". GM bought him his second complete rear end for the car but said no more. Used to enjoy seeing quite a few of them just driving around as regular transportation. Very rare to see one on the road today. Your car looks beautiful and it looks like you will have a real prize when it's all finished and detailed. Hope you plan to drive and enjoy it. To me, the GN was like the SD-455 for Buick. A car that should never have happened given the time frame and circumstances, yet there they were, leaving the other divisions of GM with their pants down, including Pontiac. Enjoy that beauty.