View Single Post
Old 07-10-2022, 02:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid View Post
Thanks for all the responses. Amazingly I think this is the first thread where the comments are basically a unanimous decision! Has that even happened before? LOL

I have considered the scooped GTO style hood, but that doesn’t really look “right” unless I go with the Endura nose. Then I’d need the correct grills and lower valance. Suddenly it’s a big conversion project. I thought maybe the louver vents might give it the “scooped” look without totally changing the look of the car, much easier project and avoiding all that conversion bother. Not to mention all of the “Fake GTO” comments I’d have to endure.

While my gearhead neighbor really liked the look and function of the vents, my brother about had a fit saying “You’re going to cut two holes in that original 53 year old hood to put those things in?! Don’t do it!” Haha.

Okay so the vents are being returned to Summit today. Thanks again for setting me straight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Some - 68 GTOs came w a steel bumper so the GTO 400 hood could be correct looking w a Steel bumper.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	74EBF66A-3797-4842-A3A6-38FB91D5762D.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	594058  

selling turbos and turbo related parts since 2005!
The Following User Says Thank You to turbo69bird For This Useful Post: