Thread: Big screen TV?
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2022, 02:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta6point6 View Post
I had a 65" curved Samsung TV and it lasted 5 years before some bottom pixels went out. I paid like 1300 for that TV back then. I have a 55" flat Samsung that is about 10 years old no problems, not a smart TV though. I replaced curved Samsung with the a Flat 65 Samsung and so far has been good. The flat 65 I bought on one of those black Friday deals for like 400. The only down side on the new 65 Samsung is smart TV feature is slow in bringing up certain apps like VUDU, sound from TV is not the greatest(most TV's speakers are not great) and it only has two HDMI ports. I bought a Roku speaker and that produces great sound and apps load up so much faster. I am planning on buying the Roku bass speaker but I am surprised how good the bass is from this sound bar. It also has a better voice speaker for those of us who are getting harder of hearing
So, I'm not the only one here that has the closed caption on all the time? It's not so much I'm hard of hearing it's just that the voice is low, then when the action begins it's SO loud! I'm constantly turning the volume up and down.

“Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan Press On! has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.”
― Calvin Coolidge