Thread: Shipping cost
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2022, 08:33 PM

You can’t drop stuff off at a shipping outlet and not expect to pay exorbitant prices. About 20 years ago I packed up a pair of iron Pontiac cylinder heads and took them to my local UPS store. The cost to ship was double what it cost to ship them myself with a UPS account. No packaging for the store to do and the cost was double.

The folks working at the UPS store for the most part don’t understand how to package things properly anyway. Learn to properly package your items, never depend on a shipping company to do it right.

Once you figure out how to package your items in a bullet proof fashion then use your credit card to establish an account with a major shipping company like FedEx or UPS. Pack it, print the label and set it on your doorstep, residential pickups usually only cost about 3 dollars.

I get most of my boxes and bubble wrap for free, where I work there’s a steady supply of used boxes and packaging materials that get tossed daily.

Shipping costs have certainly risen but there are smart ways to minimize the cost but it does take some patience and effort to do your own packaging.

Items that are big and heavy enough to go truck freight are another story, but again there are less expensive options if you do your research.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to b-man For This Useful Post: