View Single Post
Old 07-04-2021, 02:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

About 1984 I was working as a mechanic in a large chain tire shop in San Francisco. I was 23, and at the time had 2 '66 GTO's, a '65 GTO, and a '67 GTO convertible. Still have the '65 and '67. Anyway, one day a hippie came in, driving a beat-down '69 Judge convertible. It was the dark blue color, blue interior, orange stripes, 4 speed, Ram Air III. The car had no rust, being a Bay Area car, but it was banged up on every corner. The paint was faded and the exhaust was hanging by hanger wire and leaking. A real roach, but it drove fine. I offered the guy $3500 (which I didn't have) on the spot for the car when he came to pick it up, and he looked at me and said "Son, it would take ten grand to get this car. They only made 108 Judge Convertibles in '69." So he drove off and I never saw the car again. But, being that even back then, the owner knew the rarity/value, my bet is that it is restored and still around. Anybody here have a blue '69 Judge convertible that came out of San Francisco? I agree with the others...I am a first-gen GTO guy, never had one newer than a '67, but EVERYBODY on this forum loves The Judge!! Keep the goodies coming, real Judge or not.