View Single Post
Old 06-02-2021, 07:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well, I'll just start with the pertinent information. Both the PM136 and the original OEM blower (68 GTO) appear to perform almost exactly the same. Both registered almost the exact same 43 mph outlet air speed on my test setup.

Setup was not by any means perfect, but both motors were subject to the exact same conditions.

One takeaway I found was that any air leak in the AC/Heat casing has a considerable effect on the outlet volume. More so than I would have thought. Speciallly if it's in the area of the blower fan.

Pictures below show the power readings ( I built a new box to measure the draw that got consistent results) and the test setup I was using.

Would have liked to report better performance from the new motor/fan ... but my results didn't show that. However fan performance is very complicated, it's possible that the new fan would perform better with varying levels of discharge head (resistance) at varying fan speeds. Would take lab to figure that out.

I do think the new motor/fan is a bit more efficient, moving the same amount of air with less power consumption (first power reading is the PM136). A more realistic 13vdc supply might have changed the results too. I'll try it again tonight with a battery charger hooked up to the battery.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BlowerAmps-New.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	567605   Click image for larger version

Name:	BlowerAmps-Old.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	567606   Click image for larger version

Name:	BlowerTest-1.jpg
Views:	208