View Single Post
Old 01-28-2021, 07:48 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben3843100 View Post
Sounds great and glad I could help! I had to perform quite a bit of searching to figure out all of the parts I needed for my car. There was no one-stop shop for the information. Curious, is your car currently an OE power brake-equipped car? Just wondering if you're converting to PB or have OE power brakes. In case you're not aware, there are three pedal assembles for at least the '66 Pontiac full-size cars (possibly '65 as well), and what your car has currently does affect what you should order and how you want the engine compartment to look.

If you're converting to power brakes and currently have a manual brake pedal set, it would look more "factory" and give you more room in the engine compartment if you ordered a MasterPower kit for an OE power brake car and then changed your pedal assembly to a factory power brake assembly. This would eliminate the pedal ratio adaptor bracket that would sit between the MasterPower booster and the firewall to account for your shorter OE manual brake pedal.

If you're aware of this already, great. If not, let me know and I can provide pictures to show what I'm referring to.

- Ben H.

Yes Ben,

Mine was originally a power drum brake car & after reading your earlier post about how you removed the bracket & then had to figure out the pedal & rod, I am glad mine was power because it does really look better mounted right to the firewall! Trevor from MP Brakes actually asked me that directly (about how the booster was mounted) I ordered my kit Monday with a chrome booster, painted master & the disc conversion kit, but did not upgrade to the cross drilled & slotted rotors..

Again thanks for the detailed thread! Below is mine, it is further along, but this was the last picture. Tough building 3 cars at the same time when I don't have time for one, but I am heavily addicted!

God Bless
Bill
https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/...closed.614419/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190706_132559684_HDR (800x450).jpg
Views:	194
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	559665  

Bills' Auto Works Est 1983 & still going strong!

1955 Chevy Altered W.B. Gasser
1955 Nash Ambassador Custom Lemans
1964 Grand Prix
1966 Catalina Conv. 421+
1966 Ambassador DPL 2dr HT
1966 Ambassador Cust. 2 DR HT
1967 Marlin
1967 Toronado
1973 Nova Full Chassis Car
1992 Jag XJS Conv
1992 Jag XJS Coupe
2007 Cad XLR-V Supercharged Roadster