View Single Post
Old 01-25-2021, 02:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The 452 is the standard capacity @ 6qts. There is a 450 shallow version that's still 6qts but Canton says it will not fit a Firebird or GTO period so even though I'm lowered, I skipped it. The bottom of my SFI Quicktime bell housing is the lowest point on my car with the stock oil pan right now, I'm guessing the 452 won't be any lower. I also plan on fashioning some kind of skid plate.

So the 444 t-sump pan I discounted all together because of header clearance issues and didn't seem worth it for only an extra qt of capacity. I have an Accusump in my trunk, dual oil filters (bypass filter setup), and an oil cooler w/thermostat setup in front so I have a ton of extra capacity anyway. I'm having custom headers made but still didn't see the t-pan as worth it.

I have a good corded 1/2 drill with cobalt bits and I do have some cutting discs. I'll probably buy some grinding discs as well to clean it up before sealing it.

Hell, I even looked for some dry sump options but didn't see any non-bespoke options online. I figure since I'm just doing open track days and basic HPDE stuff I'll make due with the 452 pan.