View Single Post
Old 01-19-2021, 09:32 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohrt View Post
Looking at you springs in the photo I had the same bushing on my old springs. When I tighten up the rear shackle it made it so there was no movement at all. It road like crap obviously never looked into it any more until I decided to replace them. I was in shock (punny) when I loosed the shackle and the read dropped 4 inches.

Also a stiff shock like KYB with a stiff spring is not a winning combo. I ran KYBs too. Great for a soft stock spring though.

I now run the Hotchkis springs in the back with their new Foxshocks. I like the ride in the back now. I don't like the riide in the front. Still working on that. The leaf spring bushing are coned shaped and can articulate correctly now.

What ever you do I would consider a spring/shock combo. Suspension parts are not cheap and ride quality is subjective.

DSE, Hotchkis, RideTech are all good names.
I don't understand how or why your shackles wouldn't allow your rear end to seat properly, or allow the bushing to not work, what did you find for the cause? I installed new urethane bushings when I redid everything so I know they're good. The shakle bolts are shoulder-bolts and only tighten to a certain torque. I will check out the shakles, I know when I first installed everything I didn't tighten the shakles down until the car was sitting on it's own weight.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk