View Single Post
Old 01-20-2019, 02:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponyakr View Post
Yeah, those were our cars, in '78. Those numbers were used for the IHRA points race that was held In Tyler TX, @ I-20 Dragway. Both cars had a 455, and I'd switched 'em over to Cragar S/S wheels & 13 x 30 slicks.

By the way, TJ won that race, from the 16th position, in a 16 car qualified field. Won the winner's pot, plus some contingency money. Also, got a little ink in the IHRA paper, Drag Review.

In the last pic below, if you look close, you'll see that the car has no hood. It still had the factory steel hood, so I took it off, along with some other unnecessary weight. I did this because of the 16 car qualified field. It worked. I was #15. Then the #16 car broke, which put TJ in the bump spot. That's what I love about bracket racing. You can have the slowest car in the field & still win the race.
Awesome.

My Bio: I am currently writing articles for POCI's Smoke Signals magazine and enjoy promoting and discussing the history of the Pontiac Motor Division.