View Single Post
Old 07-08-2018, 04:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVERULD View Post
Dennis, your car is so nice to look at! Congrats on solving the heat soak issue! I have a bit of a similar issue on my 74 and I think it is in the wire gauge to the starter. Thanks for posting these tips. I need to get this issue resolved and my AC working before the TA Nats

BJ
BJ, Thanks for the kind words. I really hope all is well with your wife. We've been keeping you both in our prayers. Don't get any heavier gauge wire than the 2-ga as that is a heavy enough cable. Both custom cables with shipping was $75. I got them both in black like the originals. The side terminal connection bolts to the battery are a bit different from the factory design. It is a threaded stud with an Allen wrench recess in the end to tighten it in the battery connection, then you screw on a 9/16" nut with shoulder...which is a superior design. You have to look at it hard to see that it isn't quite the factory connection, but I wasn't worried about that since my car is a driver, not a concourse nut & bolt restoration.

Dennis