View Single Post
Old 11-22-2016, 09:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 455hota View Post
The first picture above is of my deluxe interior door panels I had made using NOS bright blue comfort weave and NOS bright blue vinyl. The comfort weave is ever so slightly lighter than the vinyl color. I believe the original comfort weave did not have adequate UV color stabilizers, and as a result the comfort weave changed color over time due to exposure to sunlight. My original seats exhibited the same look as the first pic in the post above. IMO this color difference was now the intended design or look, that Pontiac was trying to achieve.

This second pic is of my deluxe interior seat covers I had made with the same NOS materials.

This third pic shows my new rear seat bottom compared to my original seat bottom. Note the fading effect of the original comfort weave. My front seats showed a lot more fade than the rear seats.

This last pic is of my rear seats made with the NOS materials.

This little project was NOT cheap, and I do not know if you can even get the NOS materials anymore. I have heard that Legendary does made a nice 70 bright blue repro seat cover, but I have not seen them in person.

I hope that helps a bit...
Drool...very nice!