Thread: Y88 Forum
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2014, 01:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manyT/A'S View Post
I'd say that it must be one of the last ones built.......as I understand it,the cut off for ordering was sometime in March.
yep, I just looked it up & it was March 20th.

When could the Y88 option be ordered. I know none were built until late into the year, but were dealers taking orders anyway? Or was the car not able to be ordered right when the first 78's became available?

My Y88 W72 auto car has a strange unclear history. The car was built 1st week in April & everything matches that date including castings, door jamb sticker, etc. But this is were it gets weird. The car wasn't invoiced to the dealer until 8/03/78

Still wondering where the heck it was during those four months! The 2nd owner of the car (whom I keep in touch with) said he bought it from an employee/salesperson at the Pontiac dealership. It had 23K +/- at the time.

As far as I understand, even if it was purchased by a dealers employee, that dealer would have been invoiced as soon as the car was shipped to them. Was GM screwing around with my car somwhere? Maybe it had the snot beat out of it for a few months...... I wish I could find out.

My other Y88, was also built in April & was invoiced either on the same day, or the day after it was completed. So I am confused....

68 GTO 4-spd Convertible
78 S/E Trans am L78, WS6 Auto
78 S/E Trans am W72, WS6 Auto
79 10th aniv W72 Trans am
80 Indy pace car Trans am
89 Trans am GTA