View Single Post
Old 04-03-2014, 11:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentwheelbob View Post
Thanks to My Pal Dave this item that Bill kindly added to the MCL has been checked off. The HVAC controls have been pulled, disassembled, cleaned and lubed. I appreciate the recommendation because they were very dirty with 43 years of accumulated grime. MPD did a fantastic job, and despite the fact this will never be seen, there is satisfaction knowing that the controls should be in good working order for much longer than I will be. There is some light haze/scratching on the clear faceplate cover near the word "cool". I'll need to see if this is something that can be removed and polished out, absent a better suggestion from someone on the Forum. Pictures are worth a thousand words, and here they are.

Before:

After:

Bob.. two things,.
1.was 1972 the first year defrost was used??I thought 1973 was?? if yours has been replaced, I have an extra de-ice unit

2. I have 2 of the wood grain face plates for your HVAC controls. I think there were two different grain patterns or something like that. PM me if you want one. these are NOS in the old GM wrapping. for some reason always had a hard time finding anyone who wanted these.??.

I guess my "it's easy" comment now makes sense?? That is one item many overlook when doing a clean up/body on restoration. Easy to get out and is a part that always is dirty and needs grease..
glad I could help with the list.. If you'll let me.. I will keep you busy until Christmas lol..