View Single Post
Old 03-24-2014, 10:19 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Got a whole bunch of stuff checked off my list yesterday and the car is essentially as ready for a 1,200 mile round trip next weekend as it's going to get.

Got the front turn signal lights working (the housing plugs are jacked up), got the wiring all loomed up, even got rubber grommets finally on the holes in the firewall, got the huge (cold) air hole on the passenger side kick panel blocked (kick panel is off the car and the heater box has to be removed to install it), added a 12v power port to the side of my console, installed the glove box, hooked up the illumination light on the oil pressure gauge, patched some vacuum leaks in the throttle body (seems some internal passages bypassed air to below the throttle blades) and I got the idle air valve working!

I changed up the idle valve setup and used a plate of aluminum and drilled and threaded it directly to the original PCV port that goes into the intake plenum, then had a 90º fitting on it with a hose going straight up to the air filter housing. Which I drilled a hole in the housing, inserted a rubber grommet and a hose barb.

The Silver Buick- '77 Skylark coupe w/455, SPX, MegaSquirt 3 & TKO-600 (Drag Week 2011, 2012 & 2015!)

1969 Firebird with a turbo'd Pontiac L6 controlled by a MegaSquirt 3 and backed with a microsquirt controlled 4L60e and 4.56 gears! (Drag Week 2018!)