View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014, 09:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Also from the yuku site today.

Quote:
I picked up some stuff from the parts stores today. I got a universal 14" electric fan as it gets warm just sitting in place and cools off fast moving along so the fan should help. I also picked up a coolant overflow bottle with a pressure cap on it because the water neck is goofed up and the cap doesn't seat very well and it'll blow coolant out the overflow port fairly easily. That should solve the problem until I get a new radiator in a year or two. Comes with a non-pressure rated vented cap for use as a regular overflow bottle later on. Also got some PVC pipe fittings to make a small breather canister for the vacuum pump. Currently it's just venting onto the engine crossmember. Now to put all that stuff on =P I'm a bit concerned about the alternator output, I need to get another high amp alternator. I have a lot of electric gizmo's going on here.

I pulled the 400 emblems off the hood and if you have ever wondered where the filter sits relative to a 400 hood scoop, wonder no more! To humor myself I popped the left scoop out to see where the filter was in relation to it. Maybe I should double up the filters? =P

The Silver Buick- '77 Skylark coupe w/455, SPX, MegaSquirt 3 & TKO-600 (Drag Week 2011, 2012 & 2015!)

1969 Firebird with a turbo'd Pontiac L6 controlled by a MegaSquirt 3 and backed with a microsquirt controlled 4L60e and 4.56 gears! (Drag Week 2018!)