Thread: Join the party
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2013, 03:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanzel View Post
Thanks for the nice replies, guys!

Yes it has bench seats, probably renewed because the carpet is a bit dfifferent then the doorpanels.

The A/C is probably removed after restoring the engine a few years ago. I have some A/C parts, but i believe they are useless after a long time eating dust. Is a new AC kit exspensive in the US?

@ Lightfoot, the top is called cordova? (not leather or vinyl?) It is getting some cracks, is this "easy" replacable? I would like to keep it mostly original, and often i see the top painted instead of a new leathertop.. probably more cheaper also..

Once again, thanks for the feedback

Grtz Hans
Replacing the vinyl top is not that difficult...but finding the material and locating someone in your country with the knowledge and experience to do the job could be.
What parts of the A/C are missing? You might be better off with a Vintage Aire system.

frittering and wasting the hours in an off hand way....

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.
The Following User Says Thank You to David Jones For This Useful Post: