View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 02:06 AM
Suspended

Reigion warrior must be a kid , because there were no Pontiac's in our years that came from the factory that ran at 210 dg.'s. If it did it would have went right back in to be repaired. Our year cars were ment to run at 180 deg.'s & maost everyone in my day put in a 160 or 165 T-stat so they could cruise all night without their car getting hot & having to pull over & stop. The only time Pontiac made cars to run anywhere close to that was from the late 80's when they started to use computer in the cars & then it was for emmissions & not real world performance. If you had a car that ran that hot we started to look for broken parts when they were brought into the dealership for service. Plue the 195 deg. T-stat wasn't even available for use in our cars when they were new. The T-stat that was in my 73 GTO when I bought it new was a 180 deg. & that was to much when we started to run them hard as they got TO HOT very fast. So before you start saying it was made that way , please check all your facts against real world usage first.