View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 09:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I think I know why you are getting stinky on the idle when the car is hot. The lines are made out of aluminum and soak a bunch of heat. The heat causes the fuel to expand in the lines ahead of the needle and seat. Get the pressure high enough and it blows past the needle and seat and pours over the venturi cluster. When the car is running and it starts to get smelly, take a look down the carb and see if you have some fuel dripping past the venturis. Easy fix here. Add a Tee after the pump and put a 0.030" orifice in the t-portion and plumb that to a return back to the tank. This bypass will keep the fuel from gaining pressure by bleeding a small portion back to the tank. I won't affect the pressure or flow volume of the pump. On my old tri-power, I had problems with pressure creep after I turned the engine off. The cluster would be bone dry when running and when the engine shut off, the pressure would build and push fuel past the needle and seat and the fuel would creep over the clusters. IMO...the float system on the 2GC carb is probably one of the worst of any carb out there. Easy for fuel to push past the needle and seat.

66 GTO Convertible. LS3-525 HP. Legend LGT700 5-speed, Wilwood 4-wheel disc brakes, Ridetech coil over front susp, PMT rear susp, Hotchkis bars, Billet Specialties 18" Dagger's (18X9 rear, 18X8 front).
2002 Ram Air WS.6 convertible Trans Am. Wife's car.