View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 09:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbys View Post
Two weeks ago I was at a weekly car show in Scottsdale AZ. There was a separation of cars where the Corvettes were in one area, newer Mustangs in another then the rest of the areas were like 70 and older Chebbies and on and on and on. I didn't even look at the Corvettes or Newer Mustangs. You can see them anywhere and all you need is a checkbook to own one. Show me cars where someone has invested time and effort.
I have to qualify my comment with the fact that I was deleting it as you used it so I couldn't delete it.

In the end it is a bit hypocritical for us to ask the question "Is this too much?" I think. In America it is or prerogative to own it but it is our responsibility to use it wisely and our privilege to live in a country where we can buy it and be allowed to drive it responsibly. I can't think of any other way to word it. I would love to have 3,500hp in my TA so it performed like a Can Am car on the street. You just have to go on what Clint Eastwood said, "A man's got to know his limitations."

“The unexamined life is not worth living.”
― Socrates
“Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something.”
― Plato