Thread: Optispark ?
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2008, 05:14 PM

Thanks for the info. I get trade price @ GM as a business but will check into it anyway.

I did find there are 2 different vented housings floating around. The one I removed from my Roadmaster was a plain ,no marking unit. The one I put back on it was a reman
ed GM housing with what looked like a GM optical sensor. This tells me the one on my car was Chinese, it wouldn't turn over 3k rpm without losing it's signal per the scanner.

The strange part of this whole deal is neither of these cars have been beat on, no high rpm's other than a passing gear for short stints in the road. It's not like they're race cars. The only reason mine was turning 3k was my trying to set a code.

If the reman fails on mine A GM will go back on it. I'm not screwing around but need the car now.

Thanks for the info.

Mike

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill