PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   74-76 Firebird & TA TECH (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=440)
-   -   The value of 50th T/A's lately (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=734041)

1973T/A 08-04-2013 01:59 PM

The value of 50th T/A's lately

Has anybody else noticed the value of them lately? Seems like there getting huge money for them. That non t-top car on ebay is up to 36. Maybe its time to sell mine.

455Grandville 08-04-2013 06:02 PM

I think mid/late 70 T/A;s in general have really shot up, seems in the early 2000s you could get a very nice one for under $10k

Dave R 08-05-2013 09:55 PM

Yeah I've noticed that. The 455/4 speed cars in both 75 and 76 seem to bring $$. I think they were overlooked for a while.
The 74/75's are starting to really appeal to me now as well.

1973T/A 08-06-2013 01:30 AM

I feel the exact same way I really didnt like them. Now I have two 76s and a 74! And my 76 LE is prbly one of the best looking cars in my opinion!

GTOLou 08-10-2013 02:45 PM

I agree on statement on the 455 cars - 75 and 76.

Hope this is a solid car:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/455-P...t_21263wt_1165

Dave R 08-10-2013 05:44 PM

Seems like a solid car with a couple TLC things. No underbody shots so it's hard to know for sure. For 12K, it has the engine combo and is red with a black interior. Non numbers engine but who really cares.

GTOLou 08-10-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave R (Post 4996333)
Seems like a solid car with a couple TLC things. No underbody shots so it's hard to know for sure. For 12K, it has the engine combo and is red with a black interior. Non numbers engine but who really cares.

Thanks Dave - heck, I kinda wanted a non-numbers car so it could be driven. I "love" the fact that it doesn't have A/C or power windows. Just a driver. I spoke w/ the guys in Austin and it sounds very solid.

I need to find someone in Austin to go look at it and confirm that it is not a basket case. Can't believe it would be. There website has a bunch of pics and some of the undercarriage. He offered to send those pre-auction. We'll see.

muscle_collector 08-10-2013 08:58 PM

so were you the winning bidder? I really like the car. especially the no a/c part

Dave R 08-10-2013 11:38 PM

Congrats on the car - I'm assuming it's yours. It seems like the sellers were careful to point out the little flaws that it had. Having someone inspect it is a good idea.

I hear ya on the no A/C. I'm in the Northwest and a TA is just perfect to drive in the summer with the windows down. A 455/4 speed car is on my want list. It won't happen until I finish my current projects.

GTOLou 08-11-2013 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscle_collector (Post 4996460)
so were you the winning bidder? I really like the car. especially the no a/c part

Yeah - I did. I went over as many details w/ seller as best I could. For a dealer he came across as pretty honest. They've had it on their website for over a year at 20K. It sold on ebay a few weeks ago for 15K and that was too much for me. Buyer didn't come through. It sounds like a good, solid driver. It doesn't have enough pedigree/value to worry about driving it.

I told the wife that I'd sell my TATA project to make room for it (Not another car!!! - you guys have all heard that before).

falcon4 08-11-2013 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTOLou (Post 4996624)
Yeah - I did. I went over as many details w/ seller as best I could. For a dealer he came across as pretty honest. They've had it on their website for over a year at 20K. It sold on ebay a few weeks ago for 15K and that was too much for me. Buyer didn't come through. It sounds like a good, solid driver. It doesn't have enough pedigree/value to worry about driving it.

I told the wife that I'd sell my TATA project to make room for it (Not another car!!! - you guys have all heard that before).

Well done Lou, that's beautiful looking car.

3tas4me 08-13-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTOLou (Post 4996624)

Nice looking '76! I was trying to buy a 455 4-speed 50th last summer. Car was rough but still solid underneath. Non t-top and had a saddle interior. The guy selling wouldn't get a title for me so I passed.