Search took 2.50 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By:
Forum: 70-73 Firebird & TA TECH Today, 01:12 PM
Replies: 442
Views: 105,489
Posted By johnta1
Kind of related: ...

Kind of related:

https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=635697&stc=1&d=1718990006
Forum: Pontiac - Street Today, 12:29 PM
Replies: 13
Views: 370
Posted By Skip Fix
From my personal intake swaps -My current 0.030...

From my personal intake swaps -My current 0.030 455 pump gas motor with a similar HFT and ported Eheads an SD modified HSD intake and my blended raised port T2 dynoed identical in TQ curve and HP....
Forum: THE LOBBY Today, 11:36 AM
Replies: 2
Views: 104
Posted By misterp266
Woof Woof

. . . .
http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=635695&d=1718983970

:(
Forum: Pontiac - Street Today, 10:56 AM
Replies: 25
Views: 615
Posted By mrennie
I will do that. The main thing is that the tick...

I will do that. The main thing is that the tick was there once at warm idle, and was consistent after driving it. Now it is gone, so once I get the starter fixed I will take a drive and put it...
Forum: 70-73 Firebird & TA TECH Today, 10:42 AM
Posted By unruhjonny
I agree this was interesting; I picked up the...

I agree this was interesting;
I picked up the block yesterday from the machine shop and was surprised to see the markings - I had never seen them before, but knew exactly what they were.
I have...
Forum: Pontiac - Street Today, 10:22 AM
Posted By 78w72
Good to hear the ticking improved... but just an...

Good to hear the ticking improved... but just an FYI, 20 minutes idling is not anywhere near fully heat soaked, take it for a long drive doing some higher rpm pulls on a hot summer day, that will get...
Forum: Pontiac - Street Today, 09:23 AM
Posted By grivera
From OPs opening post: “Took PS valve cover...

From OPs opening post:

“Took PS valve cover off last night and decided to readjust valves using the method Cliff uses, bottom out plunger of each lifter, using a feeler gauge between the valve and...
Forum: Pontiac - Street Today, 07:48 AM
Posted By grivera
Glad it appears a resolved issue without...

Glad it appears a resolved issue without unnecessarily digging into the engine.
Forum: Pontiac - Street Today, 07:27 AM
Posted By Gary H
Definitely try a 1" to 1.5" inch spacer on each...

Definitely try a 1" to 1.5" inch spacer on each intake when you dyno them. On one of my street cars with an engine similar to yours, adding a 1" spacer to the RPM intake picked up a tenth in the...
Forum: Pontiac - Street Today, 07:18 AM
Posted By Formulajones
I found that to be a non issue. Those were...

I found that to be a non issue. Those were Johnson's by the way. Had this discussion many times and posted pics of the 2 sets of lifters side by side, and with tom S's help determined which were...
Forum: Pontiac - Street Today, 04:46 AM
Replies: 3
Views: 168
Posted By dataway
I've had excellent results using alcohol as the...

I've had excellent results using alcohol as the last stage cleaner before using any adhesive.
Forum: Pontiac - Street Today, 01:03 AM
Posted By 65madgoat
With a very similar combo I used a Torker II...

With a very similar combo I used a Torker II intake for more hood clearance over an RPM..... 1" spacer added gains on the dyno but did not use it when in the car due to clearance needed.
Forum: Exhaust TECH Yesterday, 11:51 PM
Views: 269
Posted By b-man
The 17734 and 17749 were both tested in Jim...

The 17734 and 17749 were both tested in Jim Hand’s muffler shootout and the 17749 mufflers made more power. The bigger case was less of a flow restriction, bonus they’re quieter as well.

When I...
Forum: Pontiac - Street Yesterday, 09:55 PM
Posted By mrennie
Started engine tonight to change oil & filter....

Started engine tonight to change oil & filter. Let it run for 20 minutes at idle with AC running and got good and hot, still no ticking. Valve adjustment seems to have done the trick. Fingers...
Forum: 70-73 Firebird & TA TECH Yesterday, 09:26 PM
Posted By Held for Ransom
Oops, never answered that... 400 STD. ...

Oops, never answered that...
400 STD.
L.....4.1200-4.1204
M....4.1204-4.1208
P.....4.1208-4.1212
S.....4.1212-4.1216
T.....4.1216-4.1220
U.....4.1220-4.1224

OS will have 2 characters.
Forum: Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Yesterday, 08:26 PM
Replies: 6
Views: 220
Posted By Held for Ransom
Inline Tube

So a while ago I was looking for a 2 bbl. pump to carburetor line. As much as I dislike ordering reproduction parts, Inline Tubes was having a Memorial Day weekend sale. The PLE7103 has a waiting...
Forum: THE LOBBY Yesterday, 06:56 PM
Replies: 12
Views: 464
Posted By stevep
I got it a few years ago and I was non symptomatic

I got it a few years ago and I was non symptomatic
Forum: THE LOBBY Yesterday, 05:58 PM
Replies: 660
Views: 48,342
Posted By jhein
Went out for another drive today with the freshly...

Went out for another drive today with the freshly fixed carb. It's running great. Since I left with a full tank for my test drive yesterday afternoon, I decided to fill up again and check my...
Forum: THE LOBBY Yesterday, 05:37 PM
Replies: 17
Views: 490
Posted By 59safaricat
Pay reflects wisdom and quality. These stores...

Pay reflects wisdom and quality. These stores only want for fork out minimum wage and they get exactly what they pay for....a bunch of stoned/drunk dumbasses that don't care. Honestly, I don't blame...
Forum: THE LOBBY Yesterday, 05:31 PM
Replies: 12
Views: 464
Posted By hurryinhoosier62
Mike, I’ve had it twice. The first time was...

Mike, I’ve had it twice. The first time was before they even knew what it was; the second was last August. The first time I was pretty sure I was going to have to die to get better; the second time...
Forum: Electrical Tech Yesterday, 05:20 PM
Replies: 4
Views: 96
Posted By Goatracer1
You never said what the car is but most car's...

You never said what the car is but most car's brake lights run through the directional light switch.
Forum: THE LOBBY Yesterday, 05:08 PM
Replies: 17
Views: 490
Posted By Goatracer1
It's your own fault. If you spent a few bucks...

It's your own fault. If you spent a few bucks more when you need parts and went to an independent auto parts store Those people knew how to help you. Most of those stores are out of business now...
Forum: Pontiac - Street Yesterday, 05:06 PM
Replies: 8
Views: 384
Posted By promptcritical
Beautiful car!

Beautiful car!
Forum: THE LOBBY Yesterday, 04:37 PM
Posted By locomotivebreath
Took my GTO out on a 50 mile stress test in this...

Took my GTO out on a 50 mile stress test in this heat . Ran the AC ( vintage air ) temp never got to the half way mark on the repro rally gauges , except at stop lights . Ran great , no signs of...
Forum: THE LOBBY Yesterday, 03:42 PM
Posted By vertigto
Great skills to learn, although I cringe a little...

Great skills to learn, although I cringe a little with the bracelets on that beautiful paint, especially after getting my first scrape from a clueless couple at a car show I attended.
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500